Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Harry & the Potters!

Okay, so my foot hurts terribly and I'm having cramps that could maim someone and I worked all day and it was 92 degrees outside, but I still went to see Harry & the Potters b/c they were playing at the library!! I had heard a lot about them from one of my students, but had never seen them (or listened to their songs), so I braved my discomfort and went. Draco & the Malfoys played first and they were funny. I got tired and hot, though, and went in to the library to use the restroom and cool off (and I found MORE books to hoard, dammit!). When I came back out, Harry & the Potters came on. YAY! They are hysterical! I'm on the hold list for their CDs (the library has them!) and I can't wait. They were adorable too...awwwww... My favorite quote was "We are all one big Harry Potter and we will defeat all the evil within a 500 mile radius of the Ann Arbor Library!" *laughs*

There were tons of high school girls there. It was ridiculous. Many of them have been following Harry & the Potters around as they go on a library tour. Since it's HP's birthday, many of them brought cake/cupcakes. I guess they sent an email out on their list and told everyone to bring stuff. It was funny. I waited in this hideously long line (I waited for at least a half hour) to get a t-shirt (okay, so I'm a little bit of a fangirl, we know this). It's even RED (one of my three least favorite colors), but it says "Harry & the Potters Rock the Library", which I love. :) I didn't stay long. Just long enough to hear a few songs and laugh and take in the crowd and spectacle. The other library peoples thought there were 650-700 people in the little library lot behind the buliding. Pretty amazing, if you ask me. :)

Happy Birthday, Harry Potter! :) *kisses to Harry* *squees for good measure*

No comments: