Monday, July 23, 2007

Harry Potter Party!!

I must say that it is not as much fun to "work" the Harry Potter Party when you're not actually working at B&N. Eh, it just gets boring. And I don't like kids all that much...

Well, I made my Harry Potter Fortunes cards and I carried those around and stopped and asked people if they wanted their Harry Potter fortune? The fortunes were actually silly little things that were book related. I thought they were funny. Kids didn't get them or took them all serious like ("Consult my godfather? I don't have a godfather!"). Or I used words that were too big or mentioned characters or things they didn't know about ("Who's Peeves?"). The manager in charge was constantly hounding me about doing whatever it was that I wasn't at the time (while walking around--"Go manage the line at the table!"; while chatting with people--"Go walk around!"; etc.). And after about 2 hours, there were just too many people in the store for it to be any fun.

After midnight (I didn't even get to see them take out the first book), I was manning the "Photos with the HP Standee" area, which no one was coming to. Eventually I gave up and went up to the registers to help. That was much better! :) They sold something like 700 books in an hour and fifteen minutes. And there were tons of people in the store and tons of people lined up outside (b/c the store reached capacity (as they estimated) at 10:30 pm). Way more people than last time.

Overall, it was cool to be a part of history, but ultimately boring and irritating. *laughs* But I did get my book and I went home to my Dad's (got home about 2 am) and read for a good 2 1/2 hours!

No comments: