Wednesday, April 4, 2007

New discoveries!

Okay, so this is about comics, not books, really. But comics are like books. Sorta.

It was a crap ass day in general and I was feeling pretty bad...I had to do something icky today--not hire an intern. To make myself feel better, I decided to go out and buy some books. Yes, just what will cheer me up--spending more money I don't have--but at least it was on books! One of my students asked me to pick up Entertainment Weekly for her. I decided to do it b/c she's awesome and has been working hard on this project we did. And what did I discover? Daniel Radcliffe was on the cover! So I bought myself a copy. And while I was over in the entertainment magazines, I picked up the recent issues of the Buffy/Angel magazine, just out of curiosity. And it was talking about Buffy Season 8 and I thought, what? As I read on, I realized Joss Whedon is putting out a season 8 for Buffy in comic book form through Dark Horse. I was so excited and had to restrain myself from driving off to the comic store right then (I did actually have work to do)!

After my work day was done, I went over to Vault of Midnight, which is an awesome comics store. I found the first AND second issues of the new Buffy comic!!! YAY! Then, as I was browsing along and walking up to the register, I found the Anita Blake: Vampire Hunter comic! I saw the graphic novel on amazon.com and was excited about it, but they've removed it since I first saw it. I thought the project got scrapped. But no, there it was, up to issue 5! I got that too. Except issue 2, which was out of stock, which I just ordered online b/c it's impossible to find anywhere, I guess... SWEET!!!

And THEN at Vault of Midnight, they have a subscription service that I signed up for. You can put as many comics down as you want and they hold them for you when the come in AND give you 20% off. AND it includes manga too. Why didn't I know about this before???? I'm so excited. I'll have to go back in and put my favorite manga series' on the list. Then I get a guaranteed 20% off each (instead of whatever coupon Borders has this week to use on only one book). How freaking sweet is that? If you could only see how excited I am.

So, that's the break from the endless books I've read lists. Although, I've got less than a year left to post. :)

No comments: