Friday, April 13, 2007

A Hoarding Problem

Yes, I have a serious problem: I hoard library books. I have over 50 books (well, a couple are DVDs) in my house, some that I've had for months. I keep renewing them. B/c I intend to read them, I just get caught up reading some of the others first--like the ones other people have placed on hold. But I want to keep them so when I finish with these other books, I can read the ones I've been holding on to. But it's getting out of hand. B/c I have a bunch of books that I've bought that I want to read too. So, I'm hoarding all these books and trying to read them, but really all I'm doing is renewing and renewing and renewing (except, usually, the manga, which I go through quickly).

I go find books that I'm interested in at the bookstores and when I see other people bring things back (working in the back as a processor or shelving books is my enemy, really). And I put them on hold or find them at the library. Then keep them forever. I do have a long list of books I haven't yet checked out that I do want to read... But still. 50 books? When am I gonna read those?

I've decided that I'm not going to check out any more books until I finish what I have (except manga, b/c it's manga and quick to read). Then, once I finish it all (or most of it), I will slowly start working through my "to be read" list. And I need to be reading at least one book of my own at all times. That's my goal. Who knows if I'll manage...but it's worth a try.

I've got to start reading the books I've bought! I'm horribly behind in all my favorite manga series and I have all these books I've just bought b/c they looked interesting. If I don't like them, I need to get rid of them (on bookmooch or paperbackswap, so I can get books I actually want, YEAH!). My book obsession is getting out of control...

I guess that's what this is all about. My book obsession getting out of control.

There's this site that has a couple shirts I want. One of them says "Will Work for Books". Hee hee. That's so me.

No comments: