Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Library adventures!

I went to the library in Whitmore Lake, which is actually called the Northfield Township Library and it is CUUUUTE!! It's so tiny--one floor of a house. The lady who helped me and got me a library card was super nice and she gave me a tour and showed me where all the different sections are. It was cool b/c I saw things there that I know have a waiting list at the A2 library. :) You only get books for 2 weeks though. But that's okay. They have a writers' group and monthly movie nights. It just looks like fun! I'm excited. Oh, and they have little animals, but I can't remember what they're called. Desus or something. And you can borrow puppets!!!

Then I picked up my stuff from my library, Malletts Creek and then went to visit the Pittsfield Branch, b/c I had only been there once and never explored. I read more children's books! :) It was way fun. They have fun furniture there. But here's the list of picture books I read tonight at Pittsfield:
  • Beasty Bath by Robert Neubecker (dumb)
  • Who Wants a Dragon? by James Mayhew & Lindsey Gardiner (I want a dragon!)
  • You're All My Favorites by Sam McBratney & Anita Jeram (love Anita Jeram's art!)
  • Don't Mention Pirates by Sarah McConnell (funny)
  • The Gift of Nothing by Patrick McDonnell (sweet)
  • Sally and the Some-Thing by George O'Connor (funny)
  • The Bake Shop Ghost by Jacqueline K. Ogburn & Marjorie Priceman (one of my favorites of the night)
  • Magpie Magic: A Tale of Colorful Mischief by April Wilson (very cool--no words!)
  • Elbert's Bad Word by Audrey Wood & Don Wood (one of my favorites of the night)
  • This Next New Year by Janet S. Wong & Yangsook Choi (multicultural)
  • Child of Faerie, Child of Earth by Jane Yolen & Jane Dyer (beautiful)
  • My Dog Toby by Andrea Zimmerman, David Clemesha, & True Kelley (silly)
  • Unlovable by Dan Yaccarino (one of my favorites of the night)
  • Good Babies: A Tale of Trolls, Humans, a Witch, and a Switch by Tim Myers & Kelly Murphy (eh)
  • How to Be a Good Dog by Gail Page (funny)
  • The Birthday Fish by Dan Yaccarino (cute)
  • Groundhog Gets a Say by Pamela Curtis Swallow & Denise Brunkus (educational about groundhogs)
  • The Popcorn Dragon by Jane Thayer & Lisa McCure (beautiful illustrations)
  • Crictor by Tomi Ungerer (cute Reading Rainbow story!)
  • Farley Found It! by Bruce Van Patter (funny)
  • Looking for a Moose by Phyllis Root & Randy Cecil (lots of silly words)
  • What Does Peace Feel Like? by V. Radunsky (lovely)
  • Punctuation Takes a Vacation by Robin Pulver & Lynn Rowe Reed (cute)
  • Shades of Black: A Celebration of Our Children by Sandra L. Pinkney & Myles C. Pinkney (okay)

Oh! And...they had free books at the Northfield Township Library, so I got this:

  • The Penelopiad by Margaret Atwood

It's one of the retelling of old myths books like Dream Angus that I read not too long ago. It's about Penelope and Odysseus. :) It was free, how could I resist?

I'm going to MSU tomorrow to read some comics in the Special Collections (b/c none of the other MeLCat libraries have them. And I'm going to eat a Jersey Giant sub... Mmmm... Yay!!

No comments: