Friday, July 4, 2008

watch for new books by these authors!

I realized the other day that I'm waiting on new books from lots of authors. I have a little notebook of books that I want to read (as well as my goodreads page), but maybe I need a little notebook of authors to check on. Hmmm...

But I can start here, can't I? :)

Let's see. I just read two awesome new graphic novels last night and I'd like to keep an eye on those authors. Check them out for yourself! Also, I have some favorites where I'm waiting for the next book in the series... Oh, I'll just list them.

  • Aaron Renier (Yay for Spiral-Bound!)
  • James Turner (Rex Libris is awesome, especially if you love librarians)
  • Kaza Kingsley (Erec Rex, of course, and I just looked and the 3rd book is coming out in November!)
  • Lee Welles (3rd Gaia Girls book)
  • Laurell K. Hamilton, Kim Harrison, Kelley Armstrong, Jim Butcher (my usuals)
  • JT Petty (Clemency Pogue books--why aren't there more???)
  • Andy Runton (Owly #5 will be out soon)
  • Jennifer L. Holm & Matthew Holm (b/c you have to love Babymouse & there's a new one in August!)
  • Melanie Watts (um, hello, Scaredy Squirrel!)
  • Meg Cabot (particularly Being Nikki or whatever the sequel to Airhead will be)

That's all I can think of right now...I know there are more. I'll add as I see fit. I'm glad I checked on some of those authors--I found some new books coming out! Yay! Then I can indulge my love of pre-ordering... :)

1 comment:

Sonia B said...

Gaia Girls rocks. My kids and I can't wait to see what Lee Welles has in store for book III of the Gaia Girls Series.

I hope Gaia Girls Air Apparent delivers.

SB

Forgot... Author Lee Welles is starting a new video blogging summer program. Check it out at http://www.gaiagirls.com/blog