Sunday, August 31, 2014

Updates on book challenges!

Lots of book related stuff has been happening, but I've been keeping quiet about it.  Not on purpose, really!  It's just that I've been so busy...  So, here's the news!

At the beginning of the year, I joined the Goodreads 2014 Reading Challenge and chose 750 books for the year.  I'm happy to say that I am WAY ahead of schedule. :)  I met my 750 goal on August 19 with Saints by Gene Luen Yang.  The fun part is seeing how many books I will actually finish by the end of the year!

I reached my reading goal so quickly this year because I have been reading a lot of picture books, especially since I moved to Moscow, ID.  Specifically, I found that the independent bookstore in town has many of the Mr. Men and Little Miss books that I've always wanted to read and that the local library has a bunch of the Serendipity books that I've been trying to read.  :)  I am working towards reading every book in both of those series.  Additionally, I read all of the little Beatrix Potter books this summer (all 23!).  :)

I am still working on the Series Ender challenge, but I just haven't finished any lately.  I am working on it though, and will have one shortly!

I am also trying to work more on reading my own books instead of taking so many out from the library.  I put a dent in them in the month I was here in ID before I started work, but things have slowed down a bit.  I'd like to get through a good chunk while I'm here so that I can get rid of the ones that I don't like so much and have fewer books to move!

So, that's the news.  Yay, books!  Yay, reading!

No comments: