Wednesday, May 12, 2010

A preoccupation

The last couple times I've been to the library, I've been interested in books about words or grammar. I only got one book the time before today. But then I graded a bunch of my students' papers and I think I became obsessed with grammar. So I sought out some grammar books today when I visited the library. I have the following language/word/grammar/punctuation books to read:
  • Anonyponymous: The Forgotten People Behind Everyday Words by John Bemelmans Marciano
  • Eats, Shoots & Leaves: The Zero Tolerance Approach to Punctuation by Lynne Truss
  • Foyle's Further Philavery: A Cornucopia of Lexical Delights collected by Christopher Foyle
  • Grammar Snobs Are Great Big Meanies: A Guide to Language for Fun & Spite by June Casagrand
  • Mortal Syntax: 101 Language Choices That Will Get You Clobbered by the Grammar Snobs--Even If You're Right by June Casagrande
  • Sister Bernadette's Barking Dog: The Quirky History and Lost Art of Diagramming Sentences by Kitty Burns Florey
Looks exciting, yeah? :)

No comments: