Thursday, June 11, 2009

Goodbye AADL!

In two days I will have to say goodbye to the Ann Arbor District Library. Not working there, but as a patron. I will be moving to New Mexico in exactly a week, but on Saturday, I will be leaving Ann Arbor for good.

I have to turn in all my library books! Right now, I have less than 10 out and it seems so weird! Has that ever happened? :) I was frantically trying to finish them before I had to leave, but I was just too ambitious. Ah, well... My goodbye letter:

Dear AADL,

Despite the craziness that occurs when someone is an employee there, you are an excellent library. I will DEFINITELY miss the four weeks you can have books, the unlimited renewals of items, the no limit on how many items you can take out, the 50 item limit on interlibrary loans, and the fantastic selection. And the new branches. And of course, all my library friends. Please know that I will always think of you fondly. And perhaps, I will be back! :) Please don't miss me too much, although I was an ideal employee and an ideal patron (very very few fines & I always read my books with holds on them first!).

Sincerely,
Dawn

PS. I won't hold it against you that Remus & the Lupins are coming the day AFTER I leave Ann Arbor!

No comments: