Saturday, February 21, 2009

Holiday appropriate books

I had purchased Six-Word Memoirs on Love & Heartbreak some time ago. It was short, I knew I could finish it in a day. But I left it for awhile. I wanted to savor it at an appropriate time because I know how much I liked the first six-word memoir book.

About a week before Valentine's Day, I decided that was when I'd read it. And I did.

I actually read in the restaurant where my partner and I had reservations during the hour that he was late for said reservations. Kind of bittersweet, you know? And the book was good, as I suspected. There were memorable memoirs, but of course, I wasn't in the mood or place to write them down, so I'll have to read through the book again. And I even got him to read a bit of the book.

It also inspired me to write my own six word memoirs (again), but I decided to do them on my previous relationships--my own little zine of six-word memoirs on love & heartbreak. :) I'm working on it now...

It's the first time I've ever read a holiday appropriate book on the actual holiday. Well, maybe I've read picture books before, but... It was fun.

No comments: